Friday, September 11, 2009

Sound Design Final Project

My favorite sound design project of all three quarters, hands down!
Deff inspired me to make my own SFXs for my own videos.
Can't wait to get my own copy of protools at home! :D

Sound Design Final Project from Ryan Somerville on Vimeo.



The description I threw up on vimeo:

Programs used: Protools & Reason

Description of Project:
To recreate The Fifth Element case scene's sound design.
We were only given the dialogue, with the exception of it not being cleaned up.

The first task was to clean up the dialogue, remove grain, fix the volume, & so on.

Then we were to make out own sound effect from scratch. We were given a big database of various sound FXs, non were specifically made for this project.
We had to use techniques that required us think in different ways of mixing sounds together & messing with the pitches & so on.

The next task was to compose music. A use a song of our choice to edit down to fit the scene.

Overall I loved this project till the very end.
I spent endless hours making the SFX and fitting them down to the last detail and enjoyed each moment.
My teacher was great in teaching three quarters of sound design, wish we had more classes we could have taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment